I’ve been friends with someone in the foreign service and I have to say it’s been an interesting friendship.
- Diplomat: Why, Hello.
- Donna: Hello..how are you?
- Diplomat: I’m doing just well and how about yourself?
- Donna: I’m doing well.
(I’m staring at the diplomat and I see that he has a tattoo on his arm)
- Donna: Oh! You have a tattoo? That’s very cool. What is it?
- Diplomat: Oh, this? It’s swimming koi. It starts from my wrists and goes around my shoulder..all the way to the top of my butt cheek?
- Donna: …
(I start laughing hysterically)
- Diplomat: Is that funny?
- Donna: Why would you tell me that?
- Diplomat: I thought it would interest you.
I’ve known this diplomat for a while and these kind of conversations are nothing new. He’s a young gun in the foreign service and he likes to flirt. I can’t lie and say that I’m not attracted to him. Thankfully, I’ve been creeped out by him enough that I don’t act on any urges.